Attorney-at-Law - Rotterdam
Steven Jellinghaus is a lawyer and co-owner of Pallas advocaten.
His practice focuses on the collective aspects of employment law and co-determination law in particular. He is recognised by peers as the expert in the field of co-determination. In addition, Steven has special knowledge in the field of public employment law and is regarded in the Netherlands as a leading expert on sports law.
Steven received his phd from Tilburg University in 2003 on the subject of harmonisation of employment conditions, in particular after a merger or takeover. He is still attached to this university as an assistant professor.
Besides his work as a lawyer and assistant professor, Steven regularly provides postgraduate education, contributes to publications and fulfils various social supervisory positions within the sports and cultural sector. Among other things, he is a board member of the Professional Association for Participation Professionals (BVMP) and the Association for Sport and Law. He is also a supervisor at pop temple De Effenaar, among other things. As editor and author, his publications include:
- Journal of Sport and Law (‘Tijdschrift voor sport en recht’)
- Labour law for the government (‘Arbeidsrecht voor de overheid verklaard’)
- Opmaat employment law+ (‘Opmaat arbeidsrecht+’)
- Insight into the Works Council (‘Inzicht in de ondernemingsraad’)
- Works Councils Act (Paris Publishing House) (‘Wet op de ondernemingsraden’)
- Capita Sports Law (‘Capita Sportrecht’)
- Encyclopedia internationals sports law: The Netherlands (Kluwer International)
For a list of publications, see Steven Jellinghaus – Tilburg University Research Portal.
Steven has registered the following areas of law in the Register of Jurisdictions of the Netherlands Bar Association:
– Employment law
– Employee participation
– Sports law
– Civil service law
This registration obliges Steven to obtain ten training points in each registered area of law, according to the standards of the Dutch Bar Association.Contact Steven